Art of Conversation
A Quick Conversation with Dana Ress, CEO at RedPoint Solutions
Tune in to this episode of our podcast series where we are joined by Redpoint Solutions, a leading Implementation Partner & Product Development Outsourcer within the Salesforce ecosystem. RedPoint was founded in 2000 and has been delivering solutions on the Salesforce platform since 2005.
- We hear from CEO Dana Ress about all the intricacies of ISV consulting partner relationships.
- The benefits different organisations can support each other with inside the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Insight into how customer needs have changed in response to the pandemic.
- What vision he has for the future of cloud based technology.
A Quick Conversation With Raymond Pennie, founder of Kyloe Partners
In this episode Raymond talks us through the challenges of running a business in Orkney, which is a remote and isolated island to the north of Scotland. He shares his experience of how he built the business and how things progressed to where they are today. Raymond also sheds some light on what it’s like the be a Bullhorn partner, including the benefits he has found when building his own professional network, meeting prospects and attending events.
- Raymond’s career history and how he founded Kyloe Partners
- How Kyloe grew from a small, one room office to employing over 50 people
- The benefits of being a Bullhorn Partner
- The challenges presented by COVID and how Raymond overcame them
A Quick Conversation with Dualta Doherty, Founder of Dualta Doherty & Partners
Dualta discusses his experience and what led him up to the position he is in today. He goes into detail about his experience working in a variety of countries, including Australia and Guatemala, before returning to the UK and Ireland. Dan goes over the challenges COVID has put on his businesses and how it’s inspired him to create a network of recruitment leaders to share knowledge.
- The challenges of setting up your own recruitment agency
- Dualta’s experience of running a podcast with over 120,000 downloads
- The differences between scale-able business and lifestyle businesses
- What to focus on in the business and where to put attention.
A Quick Conversation with Maurice Fuller, Founder of StaffingTec
In the first part of this two-part podcast we speak to Maurice Fuller, the founder of StaffingTec, who is focused on helping staffing firms transform their operations digitally and prepare for the future of the recruitment industry.
- Using Staffing Technology as a source of competitive advantage
- What is a virtual conference and how have they evolved since the start of the pandemic?
- The future of marketing in staffing firms
- The knock-on effects of remote working
A quick conversation with Brian Cunningham, Managing Director of Allen Recruitment Consulting
- How Allen Recruitment responded to the pandemic
- The benefits of cloud-based telephony in the modern day
- The importance of embracing change & investing in new technology
- Future possibility for automation in the recruitment industry and beyond
A quick conversation with Spencer Trigg, Director, Quanta Recruitment
- Quanta’s unique journey over the past 28 years
- Changing of technology and tools recruiters have
- The impact of COVID-19 on recruitment & technology
- What Quanta have been putting in place to maintain business as normal
A quick conversation with Simon Brennan, VP Sales Europe, Engage Hub
- Retail solutions during the pandemic
- Improving operational efficiency & customer experience through automation & integrated technologies
- Innovative cross-sector customer services & engagement insights
- Using data to drive businesses forward
A quick conversation with…Colin Whipp, Head of Account Management, Access Recruitment
In this podcast Colin Whipp, Head of Account Management at Access Recruitment discusses his experiences, both professional and personal, on life during the COVID-19 pandemic with our Channel Marketing Director, Daniel Fox.
- Business as ‘un’usual – the new normal
- Self-discipline and working from home
- Remembering the lessons learnt in lockdown
- Thinking about the future
- How businesses can become more relevant and reach a wider audience in a time of crisis
- Discovering ways to connect with both existing and new audiences
- Importance of incorporating lessons learnt in lockdown into an old business model
- The importance of being fluid and adaptable, both personally and professionally
A quick conversation with… Steve Gray, Director, SG-retail
As retail businesses start reopening across the world our recent podcast with Steve Grey becomes very timely. Steve Grey, FCMG expert, who’s been a leading innovator in customer loyalty, CRM data analytics and personalisation in the retail sector.
- An overview of the retail sector – the rise and fall of brands
- A closer look at loyalty programmes that have been rolled out across the globe
- How COVID-19is game changing and accelerating the transformation of the retail space
- What brands need to do in the new world we find ourselves in
- Tesco Club Card and the art of monetising data
A quick conversation with… Suzan Sakarya, Sales Director UK & Ireland, Wandera
Data security has never been more important. And now that we are all working from home, this podcast provides insight into the types of risks businesses are exposed to without realising it, and what they can do about it.
- How businesses need to ramp up the emphasis they put on securing the mobile
- Examples of how businesses are leaving themselves exposed to data risks
- The due diligence and risks of working from home and using a mobile phone
- A walk-through of the cyber security attacks and threats organisations need to be aware of
A quick conversation with… Darren Westall, CEO of Paiger
We spoke with Darren recently to discuss how, by striking a chord with marketing professionals everywhere, he is managing to keep Paiger growing despite the global pandemic by helping to bridge sales and marketing teams in a very exciting way.
- How Paiger sparked so much interest despite having zero budget for marketing
- A look into the mindset of a start-up entrepreneur and the steps he had to go through
- Why bridging sales and marketing teams is more important than ever
- The importance of constant, incremental improvements to your feature stack
- Why solving customer problems will always make you a valued partner
- Deep dive into the history of print marketing and its benefits
- Unravelling the myth;‘digital is cheap, therefore it’s better’
- Benefits of a digital first approach, that’s supported by a physical presence
- Why data is the biggest driver of getting it right
- Misconceptions vs benefits of personalisation
- Why having mobile connectivity in place is more important than ever
- 4Gand 5G: past, present and future
- The importance of understanding what technology your business needs and implementing it
- Beingaware of the ‘learning curve’ and getting ahead of it
- Simplifying Security: hints and tips for anyone starting out on their security journey
- The future of IoT
- Conversationis king in the recruitment and staffing industry
- The importance of communication when learning and developing talent
- Getting the communication tools right for your audience and how this can impact recruitment
- Tips and tricksfor communicating during COVID-19 and what will be adopted as a result
- What should leaders be doing right now?
- The importance of brand and getting board buy-in
- The power of using your eco-system of partners
- Knowing your business, customers and values
- Brand survival during COVID-19 and beyond: hints and tips
- Measuring success – getting the balance right