- 60% of customers turn to email because it’s ‘on record’ and unpressurised, and 52% use it because they can take some time to think about what they want to say.
- However, 42% worry it won’t get the response they need fast enough or if they’ll get a response at all. In fact, 35% of those surveyed followed up with an email straight away by another channel.
- 56 % of customers use the phone as they believe it is the fastest way to get a definite response.
Customer facing businesses must develop their use of mobile communications to allow their customers to talk to them without talking, and feel confident that they will get a reply. Your customers are demanding choice in how they get in contact with you.
- 87% believe it’s important they can use the right method for them at the right time.
- 71% say it’s important they can text or use other channels if they don’t want to talk on the phone.
- 68%* of people surveyed feel frustrated if they contact a company and they do not have their account history.
- 50%* often find it hard to find the right time to talk on the phone, meaning that 56%* of people would like to be able to request a call back.
Being unable to resolve a problem or poor treatment can affect your customers, who have real and powerful emotional reactions to not having a satisfactory experience contacting your business.
Find out more about communicating with your customers in our insight piece Perfecting the Art of Conversation with Your Customers.