Businesses are in constant dialogue with their customers. The vast majority of this contact is remote, carried out by phone, online or via mobile apps. And the use of these channels to sell and provide customer service will only increase as businesses adapt and evolve during the COVID-19 pandemic to come out fighting the other side.
With countless communication channels to choose from, it can be a minefield when conversing with customers and understanding what they want.
So, we asked them.
We surveyed 1000 customers to find out their preferences when it comes to communication from businesses. Here’s a snapshot of what we found out in our Guide to Perfecting the Art of Conversation with your Customers
- 87% of customers stress the importance of businesses using the right channel of communication at the right time.
- Overcoming the hurdles of communication means tackling disconnect. Businesses hold the responsibility of hearing and supporting customers.
- 86% of those surveyed say that it’s important for businesses to have a record of their previous conversation. But all too often, that information isn’t available.
- If you rely on email, you’re missing out. Customers are most actively open to ‘real-time’ communications such as receiving phone calls and texts.
- When is the right time to send a text, and when do we want to talk?
- What can be automated, and what demands the human touch?
- How are businesses managing these multi-channel communications?
- And how much do businesses need to adapt their communication strategies for different demographics?
Keep your conversations going. Download the full whitepaper to build upon and improve your current and future customer conversations.
*This research was carried out in January 2020, before the COVID-19 pandemic.