Our brand–new research which delves into how businesses can perfect the art of conversation with customers, uncovers disparity between what channels of communication customers believe they want vs the more effective methods of communication.
- Customers are most actively open to ‘real-time’ communications such as receiving phone calls and texts when there is an immediate benefit to them. Companies who rely on email will miss out on building valuable relationships with customers.
- 69% of customers state that they are happy to be contacted about new products and services. However, only 24% of those surveyed stated they would be happy if that contact was by call, message or app alert. This is inconsistent with actual customer behaviour, as 48% of under 40s browsed or brought new products or services from their mobile in response to a call or message.
- Businesses should not expect to get results from calling alone. 67% of customers are reluctant answer their mobile phone if they don’t know who’s calling. So, it’s important to give people as much information as possible.
- 41% of customers say they are more likely to engage if businesses follow up a missed call with a text message they can respond to in their own time. In fact, sometimes a text alone is enough. 73% have reacted to a text message from a business, and 23% have been prompted to review a deal or contract coming to an end e.g. insurance or mobile contract.
- 78% of those surveyed say that a quick text is all they need to remind them of an appointment or delivery, and 73% have remembered to make, change or cancel commitments to service providers in response to contact via mobile.
To find out more about your customers contact preferences, download the AOC e-book here.
*This research was conducted before the Covid-19 pandemic in January 2020. Its purpose is to help businesses reflect, adapt and evolve communications with customers in a post-pandemic world.
5G and IoT were, until recently, buzzwords that have perhaps not triggered the kind of reactions we would normally expect from such innovative development. Joachim takes us through some real-life examples of how organisations are using advances in connectivity technology to evolve their own propositions…
Through the art of conversation, Rick takes us through the journey that brought him to True Search, how developing his communication skills have enriched his experiences, how he’s adapted during the COVID-19 pandemic, right through to why he’s hopelessly addicted to U2.
With countless communication channels to choose from, it can be a minefield when conversing with customers and understanding what they want.
So, we asked them.